As part of my exploration of Foursquare, I thought it would be helpful to check and see if any of our service points in Anchorage, Juneau or Sitka had a Foursquare presence. Here’s what I found:
- Talking Book Center – Has a Foursquare page. 13 checkins from three visitors. One picture.
Juneau (Where I work)
- Alaska State Archives – No Foursquare page.
- Alaska State Library – No Foursquare page. BUT the totem pole directly outside our entrance does.
- Alaska State Museum – Has a Foursquare page. 188 check-ins from 153 visitors. Has seven photos. Also will be closed in February 2014, then torn down to make way for new State Library, Archives & Museum (SLAM) facility.
- Alaska State Museum Friends Store – Has a Foursquare page with zero visitors and no photos. Not sure how it got onto Foursquare.
- Sheldon Jackson Museum – Has a Foursquare page. 19 check-ins from 19 visitors. Has five photos.
Have any of you checked your libraries on Foursquare? What have you found?
This is also a good reminder that our institution may have a social media presence built whether we desire it or not. I’m not sure our staff is ready to move onto Foursquare, but Foursquare does seem ready for us — at least for our museums.
via MOOCing Up North http://ift.tt/18QVNDQ