I’ve lived in Alaska since 1998 and think this was an excellent book. Should be required reading for people thinking about moving hear or who want to take an extended vacation. Great mix of authentic, actionable information along with humorous asides. Interesting stories from the author along with interesting interviews with offbeat characters. When you put it down, you’ll have a feel for why we like it here in Alaska. And you won’t take your partner canoeing. Or be a winter caretaker for an Aleutian cabin. Bonus – book is indexed!
- Follow Librarian From Alaska on WordPress.com
What I’ve been reading lately
- #100DaysOfCode R1D62 – Same old code as yesterday, but bad request?
- Inked RA | American Libraries Magazine
- #100DaysOfCode R1D61 – Thumbnails fixed, getting into GitHub workflow
- #100DaysOfCode R1D60 – Thumbnail progress! Field analysis for the win
The State(s) of Nati… on ALA’s Republican Problem klmccook on ALA’s Republican Problem Daniel Cornwall on ALA’s Republican Problem MKC on ALA’s Republican Problem Diedre Conkling on ALA’s Republican Problem