The ALA Task Force on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion is pleased to present its final report that has been submitted to the ALA Executive Board. We welcome everyone to join us at the ALA Council/Executive Board/Membership Information Session at the 2016 ALA Annual Conference in Orlando (Saturday 6/25/16, 3:00pm in room W224 of the Orange County Convention Center) where will give a brief update. By the time of this meeting we will have formally presented the report to the ALA Executive Board.
This page on ALA Connect has a link to the full report, which contains 58 recommendations in the following areas:
- Conference Program Planning
- ALA actions for all Annual Conferences
- Working with the community for ALA host cities
- Association Priorities and Planning
- Membership and Participation
- Recruitment, Education, and Retention
I think the Task Force did a good job given the breadth of its charge. Given my history on ALA Council, I especially appreciate its recommendations in the area of virtual participation in conferences and ALA governance.