Personal Learning Network – Emerging Technology
I reviewed and updated this area on August 16, 2014
Here are the resources I find useful in following emerging technologies in libraries:
- Lita-L – Discussion of what is new and interesting along with what works and doesn’t in libraries.
- Twitter – I added this back to my network on the basis of HyperLibMOOC classmates. Following fellow technologists and tracking tags like 3dprinting is helpful.
- Facebook: MakerSpaces and the Participatory Library – Easy way to keep up with people interested in MakerSpaces and related tech.
- Computers in Libraries via Ebscohost journal alert – I get several journal alerts through EBSCO. Computers in libraries has good case studies on how libraries use current and emerging technologies. (Note – Link is only good for EBSCO subscribers)
- OCLC Above the Fold – This brings in high level tech and social behavior thinking from outside the LIS universe.